Most of us are still literally unaware of the miracle of the induction cook top. You cannot label it as magic, but it is close to being magical. This wonder uses the magnetic fields which induce heat in the specially designed cookware which is getting placed on the top. The pot tends to become the element to cook the food, so the cooktop surface doesn’t get as hot as the other cooktops. Induction cooktops are said to be the fastest of all the cooktop types to heat and cook food, i.e., they take about half the time than compared to the conventional electric cooktops to boil water.
Before getting yourself all prepped up to get this wonder installed into your kitchen, you need to keep a few things in your mind. If you start getting to know more from the induction cooktop, then you will be finding shortcuts and efficiencies you never knew existed. If you are still thinking of buying it, then I need to tell you it is worth keeping with having in mind a couple of things without much wastage of money.
So here are few things which you need to keep in mind
- The first and foremost thing is to read the instructions that came along with the best portable induction cooktop you buy. As different brands have a different set of instructions.
- Make sure that you use or purchase cookware which is suitable for cooking in the induction cooktop as cookware made with some materials aren’t able to use.
- You need to wipe any spills straight away as they can burn onto the ceramic.
- Make sure that you keep your pots and pans clean as the pots which have a dirty base can affect the way they get cooked. Keeping the pans clean means better performance.
- Make sure that you do not keep your food unattended on the cooktop.
- Make a proper arrangement of the pans so that your food doesn’t get cooked partially.
- Do not use the pots which have warped bases as it will affect their cooking ability if the pots aren’t making full contact with the surface.
- Do not place your hot pans near the control area as they damage the controls.
- Make sure that you do not drop anything sharp on the Induction Cooktop especially things which are heavy and sharp.
- Pots and pans which have pronounced edges or ridges should get avoided.
- Do not rest other things on your cooktop, or even any cookware. You need to make sure that the cooktop has the cookware atop it only while cooking.
- Sugar, Plastic or Aluminum foil shouldn’t get near the cooktop when heated.
- Also, make sure that you do not place any magnetically charged items around the cooktop when it is hot.
- A steam jet or high-pressure cleaner should be avoided to clean the cooktop.
- These cooktops save a lot of energy and money as they heat the pot way faster than using overall less energy.