The easiest and fastest way to clean curtains, drapes, and blinds is with an ultrasonic cleaning process. The sound wave technology uses a soapy bath having a specially formulated cleaning solution. It deodorizes, sanitizes, and restores brightness and luster to curtains, drapes, and blinds.
The process removes:
- Smoke damage
- Pollen and other accumulated allergens
Having window treatments cleaned with the ultrasonic method prevents dust and static build-up.
How It Works
The term for what happens is cavitation. Millions of microscopic bubbles are repeatedly formed and immediately collapse in a liquid medium. The bubbles form over the surface of the window treatment, penetrating every crevice and niche.
How It Cleans
The cavitation process lifts contaminants from the surface. It is extremely efficient. There is no pitting, scratching, or damage that can occur with conventional methods.
Comparing Cavitation to Self-Cleaning
- Hand-wiping is an uncomfortable method that cleans only some dust and spreads the other around. With cavitation, all dust is gently removed.
- Other contaminants such as nicotine, grease, pollen, and dirt are only partially removed. The rest are smeared around, causing oxidation and discoloration. Using the sound wave technology gently removes all contaminants.
- The harsh chemicals used in general cleaning damage painted finishes and cause oxidation. The cavitation method restores paint’s natural luster and prevents oxidation.
- The moving parts are often left unclean with self-cleaning methods. Uncleaned parts decrease the life of blinds. The sound wave technology cleans all moving parts and extends the life of the blinds.
- The self-cleaning approach is inconvenient and easy to postpone. Cavitation, done by professionals, is very convenient. Technicians take down and rehang the window treatments.
- Cleaning time is reduced. The self-cleaning method is slow and tedious. It requires hours of work. Professionals, using the technology, usually return window treatments within 24 hours.
Professional window treatment cleaners have a portable injection/extraction system that safely and efficiently allows specialists to wet clean fabric window treatments. Any window covering in any configuration is cleaned right where it hangs.
Types of window treatments include but are not limited to
- All fabric verticals
- Convertible shades
- Conventional Roman shades
- Designer roller and screen shades
- Modern Roman shades
- Window shadings
Applications for deodorizing, flame retardance, and soil guards are offered by window treatment cleaning specialists who use the injection/extraction method.
Dry Cleaning Window Treatments
A dry injection/extraction method is available for window treatments that cannot be cleaned with water. The method can be used on:
- Blackout drapes
- Blackout shades
- Pleated shades
- Sun-damaged and fragile window treatments
Specialty upholstery fabric that can be safely dry cleaned include:
- Antique satins
- Haitian cotton
Application of deodorants, flame retardants, and soil guards are available for window treatments cleaned with the dry injection/extraction method.
Window Treatment Maintenance
To maintain a like-new appearance for most window panels, shutters, sheers, shadings, shades, and blinds, lightly dust them on a regular basis. All but privacy sheers can also be vacuumed with a brush attachment using vertical strokes. Spot-cleaning, with a moistened sponge or soft cloth and mild detergent, is possible. Spot-cleaning can cause areas to be cleaner than others.